The Youth Health Champions support pupils within the school. They are part of a network offering help and support for students, to overcome difficult situations of everyday life. Anyone of you could be a Youth Health Champion!
What is the Youth Health Champions scheme?
• It involves secondary schools from across Essex
• 10 students from Year 10 are selected following as application process
• They will attend 2 training days, run by the Health Trainer Service, covering different health issues affecting young people.
• They will run 6 Campaigns – plus updating the YHC notice board
• Planning meetings and campaigns are supported by the school co-ordinator and the Health Trainer Service
What is a Youth Health Champion?
• A Role Model
• An Active Listener
• A Supporter
• An Encourager
• A sign poster to young people’s services
• A Guide