Welcome to the Physical Education department at CCHSG.We are very proud of the sporting achievements of our students in school and at District, County, National and International Level. Our aims in Physical Education lessons and extra-curricular activities are:
- To develop active individuals with a life-long passion for participation in sport and physical activity
- To develop self-confident individuals who seek challenges and have a desire to improve their performance and enjoy activity at whatever level
PE offers opportunities for students to:
- Become skilful and intelligent performers;
- Acquire and develop skills performing with increasing competence and confidence, in a range of physical activities and contexts;
- Learn how to select and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas to suit activities that need different approaches and ways of thinking;
- Develop their ideas in a creative way;
- Set targets for themselves and compete against others, individually and as team members;
- Understand what it takes to persevere, succeed and acknowledge others' success;
- Respond to a variety of challenges in a range of physical contexts and environments;
- Take the initiative, lead activity and focus on improving aspects of their own performance;
- Discover their own aptitudes and preferences for different activities;
- Make informed decisions about the performance of exercise in their lives;
- Develop positive attitudes to participation in physical activity.
We have a wide range of clubs and activities on offer and take part in many inter-school competitions. We are reigning District Athletics, Swimming, Badminton and Cross Country Champions. We are also District Netball Champions at Year 9 and U19 and District Rounders Champions at Years 8,9 and 10. Our Inter-Girls cross country team are Regional Champions and finished 8th at Nationals. .
We also have a range of inter-form competitions including netball, rounders and cross-country.
We offer a wide range of trips and activities including ski-trips, water-sport holidays, netball tours, visits to dance performances and trips to watch international matches.