CCHSG is the Lead School in the Colchester Teacher Training Consortium (CTTC) a partnership of over 40 primary and secondary schools and colleges.
The Consortium offers Primary and Secondary School Direct Programmes, leading to the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), including credits at Masters level validated by the University of Greenwich. The consortium trains over 80 student teachers every year. The programme is based in and run by schools with the aim of providing an effective training environment, where trainees can learn from best practice.
“By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others” Anon
Training to teach leads you into a career which offers rewards, laughter and ensures that every day is different. At the Colchester Teacher Training Consortium (CTTC), the school centred programme allows trainees to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) inspiring “an infectious enthusiasm for teaching” (Ofsted Report January 2018) through a combination of taught sessions and practical on the job training. CTTC offers:-
- An excellent consortium of schools offering placements “The in school experience prepared you really well for a teaching career” Nicole (NQT former CCTC Trainee).
- 100% of our trainees secured employment after training with CTTC
- 98% of our trainees attained good or outstanding.
- A focus on supporting the development of practical teaching skills so that you can be outstanding in the classroom and reduce the administrative paperwork that can increase teacher workload.
- Outstanding provision Graded 1 on all measures by Ofsted, November 2017.
- A supportive and warm training environment. “Trainees receive excellent support, advice and guidance over the course of their training”
- “CTTC is tailored to our needs, we are not just a number”(Ofsted 2017 Quote from a former trainee)
‘Make a Difference’, Inspire, Challenge, Teach! An exciting and rewarding future can start here, find out more by clicking on the CTTC link.