While other schools have reduced the teaching of languages in the curriculum, CCHSG believes that languages are vitally important for all students, offering then the opportunity to learn two modern languages as soon as they join Year 7, with Latin starting in Year 8. We also believe it is essential in the modern world to prepare students for the future by giving them access to Chinese culture and language through an alternating programme of lessons with the Chinese teacher in Years 7 to 9.
This is an outline of what students can expect to study:
- All students learn French and German in Years 7, 8 and 9.
- All students learn Latin in Years 8 and 9.
- In Year 10 students must continue with either French or German
- A second language (including Latin) can be chosen as a GCSE option
- French, German, and Latin are offered at A Level.